“I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it”–anonymous
I have lived by this motto my entire life, from the multiple adventures moving around the world with my family to the struggles of surviving an intense residency as a woman in a male dominated field. I continue to live by this motto today as I attempt to raise three beautiful children while still growing my practice and focusing on patient care.
As a medical student, I was streamlined into a pediatric practice. However, as I went through my training I realized how much surgery and the nervous system truly intrigued me. A bold decision to drastically change my field of practice has led to a happy professional life. I have combined my interests to allow me to become an adult and pediatric neurosurgeon. Private practice was an easy decision for me as it allows me to maintain my independent style and avoid excessive bureaucracy from large hospital systems. I still have access to excellent ICUs, specialists, and hospital equipment as needed. My practice is now made up of the patients I like to see and the procedures I excel at.
Read more about my professional experience and philosophy here.
- College: Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Medical School: Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI D.O. Degree
- Residency: Neurosurgery Residency, Mercy Health System, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Neurosurgery Residency, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Colton, CA, Western University of Osteopathic Medicine, Pomona, CA
- Fellowship: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center – Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Fellowship: Pennsylvania Hospital. Dr. Fred Simeone – Spine/Instrumentation Fellowship
- Fellowship: Complex Spine – Dr. Stefano Sinicropi Midwest Spine and Brain Institute
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- Women in Neurological Surgery (WINS-AANS)
- American Association of Integrative Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Board Certified in Neurosurgery, American College of Osteopathic Surgery
- Boarded in Integrative Medicine through the American Association of Integrative Medicine